I am a corporate securities attorney and I help my corporate, investment banking, venture/private capital and investor clients resolve complex legal issues in cross-border financing transactions. I do “bet-the-firm” and transformative deals in IPOs (including US-registered), merger and acquisitions, and equity and debt capital markets.
Recently I have represented:
• Delivery Hero on its IPO on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange;
• Global Switch on its €1 billion bond offerings;
• Eddie Stobart Logistics on its IPO on the London Stock Exchange AIM;
• Zouk Capital as primary selling shareholder on the IPO of va-Q-tec AG;
• Delivery Hero on its recent "crossover" financing round from pre-IPO investors;
• Nivalis Therapeutics, Inc. on its IPO on the NASDAQ;
• Delivery Hero on multiple acquisitions, including Yemeksepeti and on the takeover of Talabat.com from Rocket Internet;
• Delivery Hero Holding GmbH on its sale of a 30 percent interest to Rocket Internet AG in the third largest venture capital financing in European history.
I have been ranked in 2017 and multiple times in the Chambers & Partners Global directory for capital markets as a foreign expert for Germany, recognized by clients as "knowledgeable, constructive and a pleasure to work with” and “highly regarded for his work on German transactions with US law aspects." I was also ranked in the 2016 Legal 500 for M&A: Upper Mid-Market and Premium Deals.
I have worked at leading international law firms and also as Executive Director of the Investment Banking Division Legal department of Goldman Sachs International. I also recently completed a secondment in the Debt Capital Markets Legal department of J.P. Morgan in London.