Last modified: April 2018
The NOAH Conference Website and subsites located at https://www.noah-conference.com/ and its subdomains (collectively “Website”) are operated by NOAH Advisors Limited, a company organized under the laws of Cyprus, with office at Louki Akrita, 1; Akritas Court, 2nd Floor, Office 202 Agia Zoni, 3030, Limassol, Cyprus (hereinafter referred to as “NOAH”, “we” or “us”). Additional information about NOAH, such as contact details, as well as the names of the authorized representatives can be found under the “Contact” button displayed in the navigation bar of the Site.
Click on the links below to go to a specific section of this Privacy Statement.
- Personal Data
- Collection of Personal Data
- Use of Personal Data
- Disclosure of Personal Data
- Retention of Personal Data
- Legal Basis For The Processing of Personal Data
- Transfer of Personal Data
- Your Rights
- Social Media Plug-ins
- Third-Party Links
- Contact Us
Personal Data is any information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal Data also includes anonymous information that is linked to information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal Data does not include information that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer enable us, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you.
We will only collect and use information which is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and assist us to administer our business and provide you with the services you request.
Your Personal Data is protected. All of the data and information that we receive is protected and only available to authorised personnel.
Collection of Personal Data
Here is a description of the types of personal information we may collect and how we may use it:
- Information you provide: We collect information you provide to us over the Website and our registration form. When you register or log in to your account, when we send a communication to you, or when you access, respond to, or decline to open a communication from us, complete a form to communicate with us, or contacts us, we collect and store certain information about you such as:
first and last name, title, street address, telephone number, company name, email address, payment details or other information uploaded by you (e.g. photos, texts etc.). Your Personal Data will be kept confidential and will only be used to complete the transaction, handle your attendance at the NOAH conference, send you our newsletter and/or provide you with other Website services.
- Information from other sources: We may receive information about you from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information about business people and companies. We may request information from third-parties (e.g. credit card information services) with regard to your payment behaviour in order to be able to offer you certain payment options.
- Information about use of our services and products: When you visit our Website, we receive and save certain pieces of information, e.g. the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you access our Websites, preferences and settings: time zone, language, and character size, time spent on a page, click through, clickstream data, queries made, search results selected, search history, date and time of your visit, the websites you visit within our service and the website you came from if you visit our Website via a link from a third party website. We do this to learn more about your interests and to improve our Website and services
Use of Personal Data
Generally speaking, we use Personal Data to provide, improve, and develop our products and services, to communicate with you, to offer you targeted advertisements and services.
We collect, process and determine how to process your Personal Data as data controller for the following purposes:
Providing, improving, and developing our products and services: We use Personal Data to help us provide, improve, and develop our products, services, and advertising. This includes using Personal Data for purposes such as data analysis, research, and audits. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in offering you products and services and for business continuity.
Communicating with you: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use Personal Data to send you marketing communications in relation to our products and services, communicate with you about your account or participation requests, and inform you about our policies and terms. If you no longer wish to receive email communications for marketing purposes, please Contact Us to opt-out. We also may use your information to process and respond to your requests when you contact us. Subject to your prior express consent, we may share your Personal Data with third party partners who may send you marketing communications in relation to their products and services.
The following are some other ways in which we may use your information to administer our business and provide you with the products and services you request or may be of interest to you:
- To operate our Events;
- To Keep records of contact information and correspondence;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To facilitate social sharing functionality, such as sharing content, through social media networks;
- To carry out our obligations arising from agreement or contract (including our obligations to you as a customer of our events) entered into between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our policies and/or terms;
- To create a more accurate and complete customer profile to better understand the products and services you want to use;
- To improve the products and services we provide you and develop new products and services;
- To process debit and credit card and other financial transactions;
- Otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Offering and measuring targeted advertisements and services: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use Personal Data to personalize your experience with our products and services and on third-party websites and applications and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
For any of the uses of your data described above that require your prior express consent, note that you may withdraw your consent by contacting us.
Promoting safety and security: We use Personal Data to help verify accounts and user activity, as well as to promote safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud and investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in helping ensure the safety of our products and services.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We make certain Personal Data available to strategic partners that work with us to provide our products and services or help us market to customers. Personal Data will only be shared by us with these companies in order to provide or improve our products, services, and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your prior express consent.
We share Personal Data with companies that provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting, email services, marketing, sponsoring of the event, auditing, fulfilling customer requests, data analytics, providing customer service, and conducting customer research and satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever we operate.
Legal Compliance and Security
It may be necessary – by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence – for us to disclose personal data. We may also disclose Personal Data if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose Personal Data if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or Customers.
Retention of Personal Data
Legal Basis For The Processing of Personal Data
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), our processing of your Personal Data will be based on the following: To the extent that we obtain your consent for the processing of your Personal Data such processing will be justified pursuant to Article 6(1) lit. (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”). If the processing of your Personal Data is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us or for taking pre-contractual steps upon your request, such processing will be based on GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (b). Where the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, we will process your Personal Data on basis of GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (c), and where the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such processing will be made in accordance with GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (f).
Please note that where you have given your consent to the processing of your Personal Data you may withdraw your consent at any time which withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of any processing previously made on basis of your consent.
Transfer of Personal Data
When we share your Personal Data with our partners and service providers, your Personal Data may be transferred to and/or made accessible from countries out of the European Economic Area. In such circumstances, we will enter into model contractual clauses as adopted by the European Commission, or rely on alternative legal bases such as the Privacy Shield, where applicable, or binding corporate rules where our partners or service providers have adopted such internal policies approved by European data protection authorities.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is accurate, complete, and up to date. You have the right to access, correct, or delete the Personal Data that we collect. You are also entitled to restrict or object, at any time, to the further processing of your Personal Data. You have the right to receive your Personal Data in a structured and standard format. You may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your Personal Data.
To protect the privacy and the security of your Personal Data, we may request information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such information, as well as to search for and provide you with the Personal Data we maintain. There are instances where applicable laws or regulatory requirements allow us to refuse to provide or delete some or all of the Personal Data that we maintain. In this case, we reserve the right to refuse to act on a request that is manifestly unfounded or excessive (for example because it is repetitive) and/or to charge a fee that takes into account the administrative costs for providing the information or taking the action requested.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have access to or have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Data suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Data.
You may Contact Us to exercise your rights. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event in less than 30 days.
Social Media Plug-ins
- a) Facebook
Our Website uses plug-ins of the social network Facebook, a service of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. You recognize the Facebook plug-ins on our Website by their Facebook-Logo or the “like button”. An overview over all Facebook plug-ins can be found here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
When you visit our Website the plug-ins establish a connection between your browser and the Facebook server. Thereby, Facebook receives the information that you visited our Website with your IP address. This occurs regardless of whether you click on a plug-in or not.When you click on the Facebook “like button” while you are logged on to your Facebook account you may link the information on our Website to your Facebook account. Thereby, Facebook can associate your visit on our Website to your Facebook account. We as the operator of the Website do not gain any knowledge about the content of the data transferred or their usage by Facebook. The data protection policies of Facebook provide additional information, in particular about the collection and use of data by Facebook, your rights in this regard as well as the options available to you for protecting your privacy: https://de-de.facebook.com/about/privacy/.
If you wish to prevent the transfer to and storage of data by Facebook about you and your interaction with our Website, you must first log out of Facebook before visiting our Website. In addition, tools are freely available on the market that can be used to block Facebook social plug-ins with add-ons from being added to all commonly used browsers: http://webgraph.com/resources/facebookblocker/.
- b) Twitter
If you wish to avoid data being linked to your Twitter account, please log out from Twitter before visiting our Website. Interactions, in particular such as clicking the “Re-Tweet”-button will equally be transferred to Twitter. You may change your data privacy settings in your account settings on http://twitter.com/account/settings.
- c) YouTube
- d) Slide Share
We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Website and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Last Modified: April 2018
- What are “Cookies”
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are widely used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. We also use other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, for similar purposes. In this Cookie Statement, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
- Types of Cookies
- Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with our websites and services and to enable essential features, such as providing shopping cart for the event ticket(s). If you disable these cookies, we will not be able to fulfil your request. On the Website, we use session cookies for authentication and authorization purposes and to track a visitor’s identity during a particular session.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to store choices you make and your preferences regarding our services (such as your user name, language or the region you are in, enable user interface customization). The information these cookies collect allows us to optimize our websites and make them easier for you to use, and it does not personally identify you. If you disable or opt-out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website work, for example by making sure visitors are finding what they need easily. The information collected through these cookies include anonymous traffic statistics, like number of page views, number of visitors, and time spent on each page.
You can also prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics on the Websites by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing or shopping history and are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same advertisement from continuously reappearing, ensuring that advertisements are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. We may share this information with third parties to help create and deliver advertising personalized to you and your interests. If you disable or opt-out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content on our websites and services through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
- Controlling and Opting-Out of Cookies
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you reject cookies or disable cookies, your use of certain features or functions on our Website or Platforms or service may be limited.
To find out more about cookies and similar technologies, including how to see what cookies and similar technologies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and/or or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org, and follow the opt-out instructions there. If you access the Websites on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings. If you wish to not have your information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources available here and following the opt-out instructions there, or if located in the European Union, visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance’s Your Online Choices opt-out tool here. By opting out of targeted advertisements you will no longer see advertisements on our Websites from third-party partners that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance; however, you may still continue to see other non-targeted advertisements on our Websites.
- Do Not Track